The Controlled Schools’ Support Council (CSSC) continues to support the interests of controlled schools in the context of the Covid 19 outbreak through its involvement in the Continuity of Learning Project, which was initiated by the Department of Education in late March 2020.
The Education Support team is contributing to the project which is being led by the Education Authority, working in partnership with a wide range of partner bodies and practitioners.
The major focus of the project is the production and dissemination of high quality support and guidance for teachers, parents and learners, in relation to:
- Pastoral Care, Guidance and Support
- Innovative approaches to remote learning and teaching
- High quality feedback and assessment
- Providing for progression and transition
- Providing for the most vulnerable, disadvantaged and hard to reach.
Materials produced to support teachers will be disseminated through dedicated areas within the C2K system.
Materials produced to support parents and learners are being disseminated through specially created pages on the EA website which can be accessed here.